Sunday 10 October 2010

Pork Rib

Sous Vide Pork Rib is one of those things that has cropped up again and again with my research. My fella has been away for a while and is back tomorrow so I am hoping to treat him to something really special.

I brined them yesterday for 12 hours in 1 litre of water, 100g salt and 30g sugar. I am following (but changing slightly) a recipe from A Practical Guide to Sous Vide Cooking, which goes as follows:


Drain, rinse and pat dry with paper towels. Generously season the top of each rib with a barbecue spice rub (say 2T paprika, 1.5T celery salt, 1.5T garlic powder, 1T black pepper, 1T chili powder, 1T ground cumin, 1T brown sugar, 1T table salt, 1t white sugar, 1t dried oregano, and 1t cayenne pepper). Place each piece of pork in a vacuum pouch and seal.

I don't have any celery salt, so missed that out. I am cooking the ribs for 48 hours at 67.5C. I will let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment