Sunday 10 October 2010

Sous vide salmon steaks

Keen to get going, I decided on cooking something quick on day one. Fortunately the lovely eBayer I bought my kit from gave me lots of free advice so my inital idea of 4 hour duck legs was quickly panned and replaced with salmon.

I defrosted a Tesco salmon steak and then bagged it up without any flavourings at all and cooked it for 35 minutes at 55.6 degrees C.

Rather than put a sauce on the fish, I made a simple salad of new potato, baby broad beans and asparagus and dressed that instead, so I could get the full flavour of the salmon. The fish tasted much more 'salmony' than normal and was very moist and delicious. I prefer my fish a little pinker though (this was cooked through) so will try a slightly lower temperature next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment